Laura and Chad met in school in North Carolina and now reside in San Francisco. For the wedding, Laura wanted to come home, get married in her home state of Kentucky and have all her out-of-town guests experience the rolling hills, black fences, brick estate houses, bluegrass, and barns like the horse farm she grew up on.
Guests were transported from city to countryside by shuttle and dropped off at the ceremony featuring a summer drink station, petal covered aisle, pink parisols, and romantic floral covered arch. Cocktail hour took place in front of the historic estate house with light bites, classic mint juleps and a gypsy jazz band playing away upbeat music on the porch. Their light, bright reception tent in a horse paddock adjacent to the house was draped with white fabric and southern magnolia leaf garland, styled farm tables, a black and white dance floor, garden inspired lounge furniture, mixed metals and all different shades of pink florals. The design was thoughtful, sweet and classic, and equestrian inspired as a nod to her past. Guests were encouraged to wear Garden Formal Attire and showed up in floral dresses and summer suits.
Simple Irresistible Band came up from Atlanta and guests partied until the very end after enjoying the cigar lounge, late night snacks, and an unforgettable Kentucky countryside wedding.
- Planner, designer, florals: Jaclyn Journey Weddings
- Photography: Whitney Neal Studios
- Venue: Hermitage Farm
- Rentals: All Occasions Event Rental
- Lounge Furniture: Canvas Event Furniture
- Ceremony Chairs: Fifty Chairs
- Catering: Wiltshire Pantry
- Stationery: High Fancy Paper
- Entertainment: Highland Chamber Players, Swing 39, Simply Irresistible
- Cigar Rollers: Kentucky Gentlemen Cigars
- Videography: Unique Video Creations